Thursday, October 26, 2006

Wonka down, wonka down!

It is true. The last wonka...the last remaining pair died a tragic death this week. The cause...Death by Purse. It is in fact the same way all the other wonkas left this world...It really was fate. This death is tragic, more so then you might realize. It ends an era. Not a long era, but glorious one. A time when wonkas united and created something that could last...Something that would last....or so we thought. We think this no more. Not with this finally passing. And so with this in mind I say good-bye. Good-bye old friend. You who shaded not only my eyes, but my entire face. You who were so large that you kept anyone from ever knowing I had eyebrows or even a forehead. You who can never be replaced. Good-bye forever. I love you!

If you would like to leave a shout out to the wonkas...any wonk you chose...you may do so on this post. I believe that even though they are gone, the wonkas can still hear us and will be blessed to be missed. Please be reverent.

Oh and P.S. Sorry about the car picture. I didn't mean it to alarm anyone, I just didn't have a picture of my car, so I googled a wrecked silver car. Ooops...should have thought that through a little bit more. Anyway, my car is smashed, but not that smashed.

10 comments:

tara said...

goodbye dear wonkas. i didnt know you very well but i have a pair that looks just like you but their black. i like black people, so it works out well. but i guess jess liked whities like you. i hope one day we will meet in the old blue yonder...where there will be no more tears.

arwen said...

Dear Wonka (haha... I typed Wonda first...),
This is no laughing matter. I miss you Wonka... I saw a picture of us together in Plummer today and it made my heart ache... This is really the end of an era. There is only the single pair of $1 Target baby wonkas left, but... I'm afraid to wear them for fear that they will lose their life in my purse once again.
I miss you wonka. And, though I have the resources to replace you, I cannot do it. It just doesn't feel right.
I will cry for you before I sleep.
I'm Arwen Gordon?

RoniZee said...

Dear Wonkas,

Why can't you still be at Forever 21 where I first bought you? Why did you relocate and not leave a forwarding address? I hate you Wonkas, HATE YOU!

Roni

PS. I think I might be in the "anger" stage of grieving.

arwen said...

hahaha...
Roni:"Why would you say something like that wonkas? Why would you.. you poop mouth... poop mouth!"* runs out of room crying*

Jen said...

I dont' know what the hell you all are talking about but you're all really funny anyways! I never had Wonka sunglasses because I just would feel stupid wearing Wonka sunglasses in Sidney, Texas and everyone would just look at me funny and think,"Why is she wearing Wonka sunglasses? She should really grow up!" I thought you meant like Charlie Bucket died or something...

Kaydub said...

I like blue people. I squint a lot. I hate the first Willy Wonka. Plummers are expensive. (haha... I typed plumbers first...). Charlie Buckett is still alive. I saw her recently.

Kaydub said...

And I was mainly unnerved by the car photo because of the little spatters of brain matter on the windshield. No harm done.

Kara Deal said...

this has NOTHING to do with your Wonkas... though I am sorry for your loss.

I am writing to inform you that if you are still looking for a car... to relace the one that may or may not have brain splatter on it from your recent wreck. Our church is raffeling off a brand new car! Don't know hat kind, I just know that it costs $1,500.00. But for just $100.00, you could be the new owner of this car. A rafell tikcet is just a $100 buck-a-roo's. Of corse, if you won... you'd have to come and get it... but let's just take it one step at a time!

~Kara

tara said...

i like when kaydub says that charlie bucket is a "her"! thats real funny.

tara said...

and i like when jen says "what the hell"